First Name: Johnathan
Last Name: Yutzy
USDA License Number: 42-A-1467
State License Number: 10464
Quick Facts About Pet Store Puppies
● Puppies from Pet Stores receive more veterinary care and over sight during the 1st 12 weeks of age than any other source of puppies.
● According to the ASPCA, Pet Stores are only responsible for about 2% of all dogs sold.
● Pet Stores can only source from Federally Licensed and Inspected Dog Breeders and Hobby Breeders.
● Pet Stores will guarantee their puppies, even if the state does not have a puppy lemon law.
● You can find puppies registered with all of the large dog registry’s such as American Kennel Club (AKC), American Canine Association (ACA), and American Pet Registry (APRI) .
● Pet Store Puppies sometimes come from direct champion lines or proven working lines.
What is a USDA license?
A USDA license is issues by the United States Department Of Agriculture which is a federal agency. Holding a USDA License means the breeder is inspected regularly and has a strict set of regulations to follow. The USDA’s regulations for dog breeders are the most strict compared to any other government in the world.
Are puppy mills licensed?
No. The United States Department Of Agriculture requires the breeder to follow strict regulations enforced by surprised unannounced inspection that are documented.
Do you have to have a license to be a dog breeder?
Not always. Local licenses depend on what town and state you live in. While being USDA license is only required if you have 5 breed-able dogs or more.
What is a hobby breeder?
A hobby breeder is a unlicensed breeder who does not meet their towns, states or USDA’s regulation to be licensed.
Is backyard breeding illegal?
No, the overwhelming majority of breeders breed on their property. Making them a “backyard breeder”.
What’s a backyard breeder?
Breeders who breed in their backyard or on their property.
What is a pet broker?
A pet broker is a middleman between a breeder and a retailer. Such as a pet store, website or individual.
What is a reputable breeder?
A reputable breeder is someone who follows their state and federal guidelines and licensing process.
What percent of puppies come from puppy mills?
No one knows. Keep it moving.
Do all pet stores use puppy mills?
No, in fact most pet stores do not source their puppies from puppy mills.